Getting Started with Windows 10
Windows 10 is now the default version of the Windows operating system being installed on LSA-managed computers. This article is a collection of information on getting started with your new Windows machines, specifically Windows 10 in the LSA environment.
What are some of the new features of Windows 10? What do I need to do with my new Windows machine?
Windows 10, LSA managed computers.
- Printing — How to locate and Install MPrint printers. If your printer does not appear in this list, submit a support request with LSA IT.
- Check that Desktop backup (CrashPlan) is installed and running: See the "Login" section at this page.
- Storage and Backup
- The "M" Icon (WLMS Notify) located in your device’s taskbar has convenient links to a number of resources:
- Computer Name
- Troubleshooting — Basic diagnostic information
- Stay Awake — Presentation mode to stop your device from sleeping for four hours
- Lock Screen
- Get Help — Contact LSA IT, submit and view tickets, website, and search knowledge base articles.
- U-M Service Status Page — Information on outages, upgrades, and planned changes
- MPrint — Printer Installer
- Software Center — Download software from the MiWorkspace App Store.
Windows 10-Specific Resources
- Windows 10 Custom Guide
- Windows 10 Desktop - Interface Changes
- Windows 10 Features and Changes (40 minute video by ITS)
- Changing the default PDF Reader in Windows 10
The LSA build of Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Office 2016. See this article for Custom Guides on the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).